Runes are used by many modern magical people for both divination/ fortune telling, as well as for ritual magical purposes. Runes come from the Norse (Viking) path, and were the alphabets for Norse-people. Our own English Alphabets come from derivations of Runes.. The one bit of rune magic people still do, without even realising is the `xxx’ we put as `kisses’ on cards and letters (and emails & texts now!). The `X’ is a rune (Gefu) that represents mutual support & gift!!
• You’ll be provided with a set of 25 blank rune-discs (wooden, hand cut by us) – to make your own Runes! (no extra fee. This is included in course fee.. a bargain!!)
• Full introduction to Runes – we’ll go through each Rune (24 of the Elder Futhark, as they are called), and show you the symbol, how to draw them, and how to pronounce each one correctly. (Runes are `sung in’ for magic)
• Introduction to Norse/ Viking Gods & Goddesses, and some of their mythology – This gives you important context and background upon which to base your own practise of Rune-craft.
• You’ll have time to carve/ colour in the Runes on the blank discs provided.
• Basics of Rune Divination – how to use some basic layout for reading/ fortune telling.
• Basics of how to do Rune magic with symbols. In previous years this was taught as a small sub-section in our `spellcraft workshop’ but here we go into details.
This course takes place in a secluded place in a Woods in London (tbc).
meeting point / time:
What to bring:
-Bring your own snack/ drink / packed lunch.
-There’ll be logs to sit on. But bring cushions/ blankets for your own comfortable seating.
-RAIN: If it rains, we’ll have a tarpaulin cover put up over the course area.
-wear warm / water proof clothing/ coats and suitable shoes/ trainers/ boots.
-Bring note book/ pens to take notes. (some typed notes will be e-mailed to you after you attend the course).
Note : . Course may be rescheduled or cancelled if core numbers for running a course is not reached. In such case, those who paid will be offered the choice of moving to the re-scheduled course or offered a full refund.